Tuesday, 10 June 2014

CINNAMON & RAISIN BREAD

The first time I ever tasted cinnamon and raisin bread was when I went traveling across America, we were camping near the Grand Canyon and breakfast was being served, I grabbed a slice from the food container and so my breakfast was simple, but one that I have never forgotten. I remember how I had never tasted bread so sweet or delicious before, and before I knew it I had taken another slice. I told myself there and then that this was defiantly something I needed to learn to bake myself, as I couldn't possibly consider the thought of going back home never to experience this wonderful bread again. 



So nearly two years later, I've finally gotten round to forming a recipe and created my own version of that delectable loaf I sampled all the way from the USA. 

This is a very simple recipe I have conjured up, and to be honest I really don't know why its taken me that long, but better late than never I always say, so here it is...

Ingredients:

1 tbsp butter
1 cup (200g) caster sugar 
1 cup (170g) raisins 
2 cups (350g) self raising flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup water 

Method:

STEP 1:
Preheat oven to 180 degrees

STEP 2:
Place butter, sugar, raisins, and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.

STEP 3:
Set aside and allow to cool 

STEP 4:
Once cooled, add flour and cinnamon and stir until everything is combined together

STEP 5:
Bake in a lined loaf tin for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean

STEP 6:
Allow to cool, then slice, serve and enjoy. 



VIDEO RECIPE:


So there you have it, my very easy, simple and quick take on a cinnamon and raisin loaf. If you want to give this recipe a go then don't forget to tweet me your finished masterpieces! 

Baking Twitter: 
https://twitter.com/Rachelscakeco

Personal Twitter:
https://twitter.com/Rachelward303

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/catalow333

HAPPY BAKING! 
Rachel Ward

1 comment:

  1. First loaf went to garbage since I used regular flour - my bread did not rise (I'm new at baking). Second loaf came out really good. I used regular flour plus baking powder and salt. I also added some cranberries and cut up few prunes.

    ReplyDelete